Forgot your password?
The place to talk about X-Particles and Cycles 4D
AttilaKristo, Wednesday at 03:56 PM in ExplosiaFX
I can't make my cubes generated by xpgenerator collide with smoke.
Here's my setup:
From bottom to top:
- Sphere is used to generate smoke
- XpExplosiaFX generates smoke. (visible, looking good, etc)
- Xpemitter is placed near smoke, shoots particles towards smoke (particles go through visible smoke)
- XpGenerator makes particles be Cubes
- Cubes visible, they have volume, many vertices, etc.
- XpExplosiaFX Collider set to solid, pressure: 10, VelocityMult: 100%. Tried putting this tag to cube, xpemitter, etc. But nothing: what I see is that the cubes and smoke ignore each other.
Is this a limitation or a bug or am I doing something wrong?
put generator below a connect object and give the collider tag to the connect object. Raise pressure a lot to see impact.
particle vs explosia_nc.c4dBtw - depending on the look you are after - there is a much faster approach possible as well. Use particle based flow field instead of real collision ...
Here´s the file for the first method - direct collision. I gave up caching after an hour - rest time raising from 1 to more that 3 getting to 40 % but direct render seems to be fine, expect vid in about 1 1/2 hours or so ...
particle vs explosia2.c4d
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Already have an account? Sign in here.