Welcome to INSYDIUM Online

The place to talk about X-Particles and Cycles 4D

andre

All of my smoke attempts have turned out very blocky

Are there other things I should adjust other than Voxel size? 

Or is smoke resolution solely determined by voxel size?

For reference I am Caching out my ExplosiaFX to VDB so I can render via Redshift.

Any relevant links or tutorials are very much welcomed. I have googled and check all of the manuals, and I can only find "noise in smoke renders" but not "blocky smoke"

Can we see the output. I'm hoping that redshift adds the channel data straight in a rs volume at some stage. That way you have flexibility to go interactive till the final render and use rs proxies at where needed.

Voxal size will affect blockyness and also what your explosiafx source is, also if its set to surface to or volume in the source tag.

On 1/9/2020 at 10:51 AM, krustylicious said:

Can we see the output. I'm hoping that redshift adds the channel data straight in a rs volume at some stage. That way you have flexibility to go interactive till the final render and use rs proxies at where needed.

Voxal size will affect blockyness and also what your explosiafx source is, also if its set to surface to or volume in the source tag.

My undestanding is that Redshift can´t integrate this until Insydium provides / updates the API to allow it. At least is what have read in the RS forum.

On 2/3/2020 at 6:35 PM, RafaelFra said:

My undestanding is that Redshift can´t integrate this until Insydium provides / updates the API to allow it. At least is what have read in the RS forum.

Apparently there is some movement now on that - so its a case of waiting for it to land. I assume it will work the same way as tfd works in a rs volume

Late to the party on this one, but this should help for now (done in maya, but should also translate to c4d):