Welcome to INSYDIUM ONLINE

The place to talk about X-Particles and Cycles 4D

Sign in to follow this  
mdevotion

Cloth Holes

Hey Guys, Im trying to fold this "aluminum foil" in this chocolate surface for some reason Im getting holes in the cloth, I tried adjusting the Shear values but it still make holes, any idea what could be causing that?

3 hours ago, ariexietrotiv said:

If possible try to post a scene file.

Did you checked your substeps?

yeah, played with them a bit still the same result

Heres the scene:

AluminumFoil.c4d

I've played a bit and I think there is a lot of room to improve.

Hope it helps to give you some direction.

The settings I played a bit were the Friction in the emitter + stiffness in the collider + added a smoothing to the geo also. I think perhaps version 3 is the most interesting but there isn't a lot of differences between them. 

Cheers

AluminumFoil_VT_03.c4d

AluminumFoil_VT_02.c4d

AluminumFoil_VT.c4d

Edited by ariexietrotiv

57 minutes ago, Lothar said:

what about collision 200, iterations 30 and some expansion for collision

AluminumFoil_VT-LM.c4d

Wow, is there any documentation related to how that work, that I could dig myself into, this amazingly worked fine, thank you so much, I would love to read more if not I'll try to do more RnD and trial and error.

1 hour ago, mdevotion said:

Wow, is there any documentation related to how that work, that I could dig myself into, this amazingly worked fine, thank you so much, I would love to read more if not I'll try to do more RnD and trial and error.

don´t really think so, that´s just experience and a long time testing such things 😉

I don´t think that may people use that expansion feature which is great to avoid penetrations as you don´t really see the gap inside in most cases.

Edited by Lothar

On 10/31/2019 at 7:25 PM, mdevotion said:

also look at the documentation - click on the blue-green ? at the bottom left, also the video doc. The content repository annnnnnnnnd the training section in your account