Welcome to INSYDIUM ONLINE

The place to talk about X-Particles and Cycles 4D

Jakob Wagner

Change fluid/granular state

Hi

Is there something like a fluid data control modifier? I'm thinking like the xpPhysical, but for controling the state of the particles fluid data?

I have some snow letters made using xpFluidFX and the granular fluid solver. I want to make them melt, which means changing the fluid data. I want to be able to control this using some sort of falloff so they doesn't all melt at once.

Any way to do that?

Thanks,

Jakob

Hi,

This isn't something currently possible, you can map density and the surface but it would be a good addition so I will pass it on.

As a solution in the meantime, you may want to play with a freeze modifier being triggered by a trigger mod with falloff (and one to turn it off too).
Or even an xpExplode with a similar setup where it'll come along and break apart the Grains.

Cheers,
Jon

• Like 1

as characteristics are done within the emitter and not the solver, I think you can do a simple spawning setup to change from granular to fluid. Use spawn modifier with field/falloff

melt.c4d

Edited by Lothar
link for file appeard in the middle of text ...
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Lothar said:

as characteristics are done within the emitter and not the solver, I think you can do a simple spawning setup to change from granular to fluid. Use spawn modifier with field/falloff

melt.c4d

xpSpawn is exactly what I needed.