Welcome to INSYDIUM ONLINE

The place to talk about X-Particles and Cycles 4D

bachmann

xpDynamics simulation not rendering

Hi guys. Ok so I've tried everything now and searched for solutions everywhere. I just cannot seem to be able to render the animation of an object with an xpDynamics tag. At first I thought it was an octane problem but now I can see it's the same with Cycles4D and even Standard renderer. I've recreated the problem as simple as possible and same thing happens. Viewport and Live Viewers can see each frame of the animation but as soon as I send to picture viewer it only renders one frame of the dynamics multiple times.

Here's an example scene along with an example render from the Hardware Renderer.
I'm using R20 and no renderer seems to be able to render the animation of the xpDynamics tag object.

xpDynamics_Troubleshoot.c4d

• Like 1

the very old Cinema problem 🙂

If it is a comfort - I have been running into this as well some weeks ago, so I´ll remember now for a while I think.

You simply have to uncheck render perfect for the sphere - that´s what is stopping it from being rendered with dynamics tag....

render perfect.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/16/2019 at 9:24 AM, Lothar said:

the very old Cinema problem 🙂

If it is a comfort - I have been running into this as well some weeks ago, so I´ll remember now for a while I think.

You simply have to uncheck render perfect for the sphere - that´s what is stopping it from being rendered with dynamics tag....

Thanks for your reply Lothar!
This fixed the problem in this scene, however I'm still running into this rendering problem in my original scene. 

I've isolated the problem to having something to do with the xpCache and my model. It's a C4D Volume Mesher model with 23313 points. I tried replacing my object with a cube primitive and caching the xpDynamics there and the problem was gone.
I've tried external and internal caches with no difference so simply caching the dynamics simulation is what seems to be interfering with the renderer being able to read the dynamic data.
No matter where in the timeline I start rendering it doesn't start from the beginning instead only renders the exact frame I'm on multiple times.

Here is a stripped down version of my scene with xpCache baked internally to the file. Would love to know if the problem persists with you guys.

pill_xpdynamics_troubleshoot3.c4d

• Like 1

yes, I can confirm this behaviour and think there might be something wrong with caching for the time. I have given up caching for the time as it renders faster without cache than even build a cache in some scenes. Same with your scene - if you disable cache it will render as expected. Perhaps send this file as a bugreport with that description - renders fine without cache used but cached it will only render current frame forever ....

Has anyone found a solution for this? I started working up a project around XP's dynamics (because they're way faster & easier than C4D) and this has put me at a complete stand-still. Pretty game-breaking problem!!