Welcome to INSYDIUM Online

The place to talk about X-Particles and Cycles 4D

Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Soft Body Dynamics Issues

Hello. I'd like to create a soft body in X-Particles. I find that using the points on surface approach on meshes creates hollow-looking soft bodies, however I set up constraints or subframe steps. On the other hand, creating a regular grid particle array from the constraints Maintenance Training has the correct look. But if I try connecting this regular grid array to the mesh with an xpDeformer it doesn't connect correctly, see attached scene and image

Can anyone give me tips on how to do this? My only thought is I have two emitters for one soft body, one emitting from mesh points, then one inside to give it solidity. Or somehow using vertex weighting to attach the mesh to the particles

Thanks!

XP_soft_body_demo.c4d

XP_soft_body_xpDeformer.png

The short answer to that is I don't want the mesh to detach from the particles with xpDeformer. Am I using it wrong, or is there another approach to attaching a mesh to particles?

XP_soft_body_xpDeformer_text.png

By my way of thing I would create all my proper xpConstraints settings so the object behaved the way I wanted and then add aOBVDMesher to create the mesh. I would not use the xpDeformer because it is not so infinitely controllable. But maybe I don't understand what you want.

Connections 2.c4d

Is this the look you are seeking?

Massive thanks to both of you for your help. I think the OVDB approach might do it, although not a huge fan of the blobby look unless I massively increase the number of particles

@LotharI might be using the scene wrong, when I add gravity and a collider for the cube, it just collapses when it lands. This was the reason I wasn't using dynamics, I couldn't get it to conserve my object volume. BUT I played more with the xpDynamics and managed to get something I'm happy with, attached

Thanks again!

XP_soft_body_dynamics.c4d