Welcome to INSYDIUM ONLINE

The place to talk about X-Particles and Cycles 4D

Sign in to follow this  
Troyan

Particles will not stop vibrating in fluid sim

Hey guys

I'm working on an injecting paste animation for a client and I've put together a simple scene using Constraints and FluidPBD. It works as I want it in general but the particles will not stop vibrating after colliding with the surface, so in some instances, the start of the paste slowly raises into the air like a snake. I've tweaked every setting I can think of but cannot get the particles to settle down. I've attached the simple scene. Any insights are greatly appreciated. 

PasteTest.c4d

I just switched to the FluidFX instead of FluidPBD and I'm getting much more stable results. What is the difference between the 2? Why are there 2 fluid solvers?

viscosity of 100% in the FluidPBD seem not to be what it likes 🙂

I reduced it to 50% but on the other hand raised viscosity in emitter -> extended data ->fluid Data a lot  and a bit more surface tension

Another thing to tune - pumped up iterations in Projetsettings - xparticles to 25

think now you are getting closer ...

PasteTest.c4d

• Like 1

I tried the viscosity settings in the emitter and didn't seem to make a difference, but I didn't crank it anywhere near you did. I though pumping up iterations that high would make it unusable, but apparently not :). Thanks again!