Welcome to INSYDIUM ONLINE

The place to talk about X-Particles and Cycles 4D

AVStudios

Particle collisions

I did a search but could not find what I need, so, maybe this is SUCH a newbie question that it is laughable...

I cannot seem to get two sets of particles to collide in any way.  I have tags on both but they just go through each other.  This is surely a very simple thing, can you tell me what I am missing?  Thanks! 

Posted (edited)
On 8/19/2019 at 4:32 PM, Lothar said:

you don´t need tags on the emitter/groups but two of the dynamic objects provide particle/particle collisions.

here´s a setup for both

pp collision.c4d

Thank you, I really appreciate this, however, the manual is very poor at explaining any of this.  I don't understand how to create a "particle group" or how to associate that with an emitter.  It is also not clear what the "constraints" is about.  Why is the manual so vague and where can I find more detailed information that does not assume I know anything?

So, basically, I am unable to apply what you gave me, to the project I already have set up.  

Edited by AVStudios

perhaps go to the manual, activate any video and then look for other objects -> groups and there´s a video explaining groups.

Same applies to p/p collisions, you´ll find below dynamics .... perhaps that might help as a first step

On 8/25/2019 at 2:51 PM, Lothar said:

perhaps go to the manual, activate any video and then look for other objects -> groups and there´s a video explaining groups.

Same applies to p/p collisions, you´ll find below dynamics .... perhaps that might help as a first step

How did I not notice that video button?!  Thank you for your help, everything is working properly now!