Welcome to INSYDIUM Online

The place to talk about X-Particles and Cycles 4D

Francisco

Two expolisaFX in the same scene

Hello,

Is it possible to have two different explosiafx in the same scene, each emitting from different objects? If yes, how?

Thanks

explosia has falloff - so just use a cube falloff on each of them same size as simulation box. Just tried and they even might overlap then with some interesting effects ūüôā

2 explosia.c4d

well, ok. But how does one associate each explosiafx to the corresponding emitter/object? I'm trying but it just renders one, not both...

20 minutes ago, Francisco said:

well, ok. But how does one associate each explosiafx to the corresponding emitter/object? I'm trying but it just renders one, not both...

explaining it better: both my objects (a torus and an emitter) are in the same place. What I'm trying to achieve is an initial explosion followed by a slower burning... maybe there's an easy way to do this...

explosiafx test 2.c4d

On 6/27/2019 at 1:19 PM, Francisco said:

I think if you make it a child of the emitter or vice-versa, try it.

Hi!

I'm trying to create two interacting smokes and apply them different shaders. I'm working with Octane.

I'm using two xparticles emitters as explosia sources. As the smokes interact with themselves, they share the explosia domain.

I'm trying to cache the smoke emitted from both emitters separately, but I can't.

I'd like to have them separated so I could apply different colors, e.g.

Does anybody know how to achieve this? I'm thinking about moving to another software/plugin, but I'd like to know if really insydium didn't plan this situation or if I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance!

question1.jpg

question2.jpg

test.jpg

I know this is a late response, but I've just now been dealing with this issue myself, and have found an answer. Originally I was using Octane as well, but could not solve the issue of having each emitter render with it's own, unique color. So, I switched to Cycles 4D and, after some guidance from the good folks at Insydium, it's no longer a problem. It's all about the Cycles shader, Leaarning the Cycles way of dealing with Explosia-specific volume shaders has been a challenge, but I've got the hang of it and am off to the races.

However, if you have solved this problem with Octane, I'd love to know how you did it.

Here's an example from Cycles:

Edited by ptaylor999

23 hours ago, ptaylor999 said:

I know this is a late response, but I've just now been dealing with this issue myself, and have found an answer. Originally I was using Octane as well, but could not solve the issue of having each emitter render with it's own, unique color. So, I switched to Cycles 4D and, after some guidance from the good folks at Insydium, it's no longer a problem. It's all about the Cycles shader, Leaarning the Cycles way of dealing with Explosia-specific volume shaders has been a challenge, but I've got the hang of it and am off to the races.

However, if you have solved this problem with Octane, I'd love to know how you did it.

Here's an example from Cycles:

it works in cycles 4d and redshift. if Octane can read object data then its doable in that