Forgot your password?
The place to talk about X-Particles and Cycles 4D
robhogg156, June 4 in X-Particles Early Access
Having a little bit of trouble with the new xpShatter, not sure if its something that i'm overlooking or its a bug. Hopefully someone here will be able to help.
- So i have a cube with an xpCollider tag on it.
- I shoot a single particle from an emitter into that cube which activates a question which spawns another particle on the surface of the cube where it collides, the original particle is killed off.
- The spawned particle has no motion on it and is used in the xpShatter to spawn points and create the shatter.
- I've set the xpShatter to spawn particles so I can add modifiers to it.
- Now this is where i run into a problem. Any modifiers i add to the scene influence the shatter particles seem to have no effect.
The idea behind this is i want to be able to create a modular set up where i can fire particles into geometry and have it only shatter around the area that it hits. Then i can make the shatter explode, disintegrate or whatever.
So can anyone explain to me why my modifiers don't effect the shatter particles?
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Already have an account? Sign in here.