Welcome to INSYDIUM Online

The place to talk about X-Particles and Cycles 4D

salvame

Output Motion Vectors to After Effects? How do I do it? Or should I just use the cinema 4D standard render?

Output Motion Vectors to After Effects? How do I do it? Or should I just use the cinema 4D standard render? I plan to use the motion vectors with ReelSmart Motion blue effect in after effects. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, there is no motion vector pass yet in Cycles4D. In Blender Cycles, yes. But not yet in Cycles4D.

Posted (edited)

good question. it works with the standard motion vector. but it means yo have to render twice. cycles4d can generate "motion weight" and "motion" pass under render elements. but I can't get these to work in after effects. if anybody has more information please share. thanks in advance!

Edited by John Smith

I'll look into it. Is there any way possible you can send me a sample of those render passes with what it applied to? I can then attempt to figure it out.

It means two renderjobs. And it is just a cheat.

First Job: Cycles 4d Render with no Motion Blur and DOF activated

Second: Cinema4D Standard Render. Turn on Motion Vector in Multipass Settings. No Antialising

In After Effects you need a Plugin like "ReelSmart Motion Vector".  Put the Plugin on your layer and select the Motion Vector Pass.

Now you have fake Motion Blur in Comp