Welcome to INSYDIUM ONLINE

The place to talk about X-Particles and Cycles 4D

Sign in to follow this  
Eikon

Thinking Particles to XP Emitter

I have a TP emitter/group i would like to cache using the XP Cache, so I can make use of its time scale function and realy slow the particles down.  Is there some Xpresso magic (or some other technique) that will allow me to connect the Thinking Particles to an XP Emitter so the emitter will just match what the TPs are doing?  Then I could cache the XP Emitter.

he wants it vice versa, a given TP emitter should be converted to XParticle emitter. I think it could be done if you could get IDs for the Thinking particles. There seems to be a python node for that, but I can´t get it work/understand. If you could address each TP by an unique ID, you could iterate through them , get the position and set particles from  xparticle  emitter with same output rate to those positions... 

Thanks Lothar... so short answer, no easy solution.  I did poke around in the Xpresso nodes, but ive never been huge on Xpresso, and iv NEVER touched the TP nodes... so i have no idea what im trying to hook up.  XP objects also have very few Xpresso options from what I saw.

XP has all you need , the problem is TP as it has no id or index as XP has ....

ok.  so again... its basically not possible?  I briefly tried a little setup where TP emitter went into a Matrix Obj.  Matrix went into a Cloner.  XP Emitter was set to Object mode, using the cloner, and then i set '1 particle per source element' as well as 'stick particle to source'.  The thinking there was i could stick an XP particle to each clone position and it would move with the clones since stick was checked.  This didnt work though as i got multiple particles and they didnt stick, haha.... so not sure why it seemed to completely ignore those 2 check boxes.  If you're curious i attached an r19 scene file.

Any other work around ideas similar to this that might work?

stick to source.c4d

Posted (edited)

if a matrix is involved it gets possible as I can get ids from that.

Emitter´s editor and render outputs are synced to make sure you get what you see and output can be set in Emitter Editor birthrate.

Now you can get positions of all matrix members and feed this into corresponding xparticles positions. So no xp emission from anything but just sync birthrate and set the positions to these corresponding matrix particle has ...

stick to source.c4d

Edited by Lothar
  • Like 1