Welcome to INSYDIUM ONLINE

The place to talk about X-Particles and Cycles 4D

FullHPetrol

xpDynamics and ExplosiaFX Collision

Posted (edited)

Is there a way to combine xpDynamics and ExplosiaFX Collision systems?

I made a test scene and smoke and fire just penetrate the objects regardless of EFX collision tag. I also tried to cache the result before running ExplosiaFX domain, but due to geometry being an emitter base one, baking as alembic gets me nowhere.

Any suggestions? (test scene attached)

2019-05-23_10-11-43.png

2019-05-23_10-13-38.png

XP_Exploding Cube.c4d

Edited by FullHPetrol

16 hours ago, ariexietrotiv said:

Did you tried to increase the pressure?

Do you need those two?

Pressure in the dynamics tab is responsible for calculating the correlated geometry and has no effect on EFX, during the simulation the particles are used in EFX simulation and I have no idea how to make this simulation respect initial geometry.

And what do you mean "those two", if you mentioned EFX collision tags - it is just an example that the thing doesn't work.

Don't know if this will work but inside those emitted squares, try to create smaller internal objects (like other squares for example) that will only be used as colliders. 

8 minutes ago, ariexietrotiv said:

Pressure

Pressure will in effect push the fluid away from the collider object (note that sometimes this has to be of very high value and you may need to increase the 'Max Pressure Iter' value in the simulation tab).

http://docs.x-particles.net/html/efxcollidertag.php

It doesn't work 😞 I've just tried. It seems the dynamics system has no connection with EFX collision system.

I also tried to create dynamics with standard c4d simulation system and later add particles, but also with no results - when particles stick to the surface, it can no longer properly react with xpCollider tag

Just now, ariexietrotiv said:

That's why I was saying to create smaller internal colliders -  It may work.

Yeah, I also tried this way, but there is a problem. - smaller objects must follow the particle based objects, driven by xpDynamics tag. I have no idea if it is even possible.

I also tried to create xpOVDB mesh, but also with no gain. Mesh is too irregular and always is slightly bigger - is encompass EFX particles and kills any EFX simulation.

3 minutes ago, FullHPetrol said:

Yeah, I also tried this way, but there is a problem. - smaller objects must follow the particle based objects, driven by xpDynamics tag. I have no idea if it is even possible.

Do the exact same system no?

Do the exact same system no?

If I make the objects smaller, they will react differently. If you have understanding of the issue, I would appreciate your making the proper adjustments  - the files are attached. 

I'll try to find time to explore that subject.

Tell me if you are making any progress. 

I'll post here in case I find a solution.