Welcome to INSYDIUM ONLINE

The place to talk about X-Particles and Cycles 4D

vic3design

How to achieve a water drop with a crown splash.

Hi there, 

I'm working on a simulation like the one attached. I'm having issues about how to start a fluid simulation with a static fluid look, and how to achieve the bounciness of the fluid and its viscosity. Any tips out there? 
Is there a way to achieve it all with just one simulation? I mean, i know there are a several tutorials about the crown splash look, but in those cases there's no drop or nothing colliding, just a splash "fake it" somehow.

Thank you all in advance. Cheers!

Well, I'm trying to do a similar thing. But I'm fairly new to x-particles, and my splash particles just fly away like balloons in the wind after the splash, despite I have a gravity modifier in the scene. Maybe I'm doing it the most complicated way with too many  Dynamics (xpFlowField, xpConstrains, xpDomain, two emitters, one for the splash and one for the still water, and a cloner object to drive da xpFlowField, and obviously the gravity modifier).  You have mentioned a "splash setup", where can I find it?

Hey @Francisco,

I'm definetly working my simulation with two different simulations, one for the crown and the other one for the drop. I'm fairly new to x-particles too and it's driving me crazy. I've been playing with all the settings that you mention but getting different results, because my main problem on the drop is the lake of force on the drop and movement on the static water...getting very similar results like a simply collider body.

About the splash setup, I meant a crown splash tutorial like this one here:

https://www.provideocoalition.com/xparticles-crown-splash/

Hope it helps!

Well, I'm following that same tutorial, but the particles still fly away swirling instead of falling back to the water. I've watched the tutorial back and forth replicating and rechecking all the steps... but no luck, I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.