Welcome to INSYDIUM ONLINE

The place to talk about X-Particles and Cycles 4D

proma8

Particles are late after emitter SOLVED

I am currently building a glue gun animation but the particles coming out of the emitter are seriously late.

I tried increasing the speed but it messes everything up.

Screen attached.

Thanks.

2019-04-29.png

I've had similar issue before ... in my case removing cache tags helped (even if you click 'empty cache' it stuck sometimes ... especially if you run simulation few times to the same folder).

It could be a priority thing. Try to set the Priority in the constant Tag to initial or animation. It's located in the Basic properties in the attributes section.

On 5/2/2019 at 9:01 PM, GrumpNL said:

It could be a priority thing. Try to set the Priority in the constant Tag to initial or animation. It's located in the Basic properties in the attributes section.

Sorry, but I couldn't find where it is located. can you explain?

Thanks.

what I would try, use motion inheritance on the emitter to get particles fall down along with the moving emitter. Then put a question for age and just before reaching floor (just eyeball) kill forward speed they get from that by set ting speed to 0. Then gravity will do the rest and accelerate straight down for settling...

motion inheritance.c4d

7 minutes ago, Lothar said:

what I would try, use motion inheritance on the emitter to get particles fall down along with the moving emitter. Then put a question for age and just before reaching floor (just eyeball) kill forward speed they get from that by set ting speed to 0. Then gravity will do the rest and accelerate straight down for settling...

motion inheritance.c4d

Wowwww, thanks a million. this is exactly what I was referring to.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

and a last hint - you can use a speed gradient as a visual reference after what age you should kill speed. Particle speed is set to be born at 0 speed. Then you can see acceleration by gravity and motion inheritance as they fall down.  Now play with the particle age question to see them getting speed 0 again (which is necessary, if you don´t do that particles will slide along on the ground according to motion got from emitter movement) and being accelerated down again, this time by gravity only,...

motion inheritance3.c4d

Edited by Lothar
  • Like 2