Welcome to INSYDIUM ONLINE

The place to talk about X-Particles and Cycles 4D

Mike Batchelor

Cycles4D Early Access out now!

Loving the speed up of the new update especially in the node viewer. Also the Triplanar material is brilliant. However using pointiness to generate some dirt in the folds of geometry, is really computationally heavy and slows everything down considerably. Is there any optimisation that will be done before the final release? Currently I note the node and work on other areas, and I also pass the realtime preview. Using CPU on a mac running High Sierra

triplanar_test.jpg

4 hours ago, Richard Squires said:

Loving the speed up of the new update especially in the node viewer. Also the Triplanar material is brilliant. However using pointiness to generate some dirt in the folds of geometry, is really computationally heavy and slows everything down considerably. Is there any optimisation that will be done before the final release? Currently I note the node and work on other areas, and I also pass the realtime preview. Using CPU on a mac running High Sierra

triplanar_test.jpg

try to lower the thread count in render settings, change it from 0 to your thread count - 1 or 2, will this help?

10 hours ago, Mohamed Sakr said:

try to lower the thread count in render settings, change it from 0 to your thread count - 1 or 2, will this help?

I had it set to auto but no dice. Makes it worse. If I disconnect my geometry node it becomes far more spritely. Maybe has something to do with the complexity of this model too. But it really really slows down everything.

On 12/19/2018 at 11:41 PM, Richard Squires said:

I had it set to auto but no dice. Makes it worse. If I disconnect my geometry node it becomes far more spritely. Maybe has something to do with the complexity of this model too. But it really really slows down everything.

did you try the solution that I mentioned? if it will help I can make it the default behavior so it doesn't use all the threads.

Hmmm. This isn't working for me. I edited the download link as instructed and downloaded 'Cycles 4d_1_0_247' I put the extracted folder into the plugins folder of R20 Prefs folder. It is not showing in Cinema when it runs? Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

Thanks