Welcome to INSYDIUM ONLINE

The place to talk about X-Particles and Cycles 4D

Hi everyone,

what mistakes should one avoid so that the particles do not pass through objects that one wants to fill? I saw the Video about xpPPCollisions Dynamics and Collider but a lot of my Particles run through my cube. 

Best regards

Namako

take care your object to fill has enough faces compared to particle radius and screw up subframe steps and iterations within project settings , just as a general advice.

Thank you Lothar. That was important. Did you/anyone try to fill up a huge cylinder (500cm) with 4cm Balls in between 2 sec. ?

what you can do is use several emitters in a pipe to get a good amount of particles and a little trick I use - emit small to get most of the hexagonal emission and scale up . Fill like you would in real life to avoid too much spill 🙂

fill glas.c4d

Hi Lothar,

a question is still unanswered. How to get rid of this intersections as seen in the Screenshot? I´ve tried the xpCirclePacker but no effect. 

Best regards

Screenshot_5.jpg

I´m afraid - not at all. Fill uses a liquid simulation setup, so the solver is not supposed to care much for intersections as particles used are being meshed in most cases ...