Welcome to INSYDIUM ONLINE

The place to talk about X-Particles and Cycles 4D

Justin

Cloth on each particle

Hey guys!

Quick one; is it technically possible to assign 1 piece of cloth to every particle (let's say, a sphere) in my simulation?

My goal would be to have every sphere have 1 piece of cloth pinned to it, so I can have the cloth move based on the movements of the sphere. Kind of like a trail, but more sophisticated I guess.

If not possible, I feel like I'd have to export my simulation as an Alembic to Marvelous Designer and assign a tiny piece of cloth to every single sphere, but this feels like an incredibly messy and non-efficient approach. Could you guys think of another approach?

Any insight/info is much, much appreciated.

Thanks a ton! 🙂

do yo have any examples of what your trying to do, cant get my head around it, every face on the geo gets a particle they are the cloth particles, so one particle wouldn't do anything....

9 hours ago, Mike Batchelor said:

do yo have any examples of what your trying to do, cant get my head around it, every face on the geo gets a particle they are the cloth particles, so one particle wouldn't do anything....

Hey Mike!

Thanks for replying, much appreciated.

Best way I can describe it is: let's say I have 100 particles (spheres geometry through a Generator) stuck on the Emitter disk, and over the course of 1000 frames, random spheres fall down in a Vortex motion. That's pretty much it.

Goal I want a piece of cloth to wrap around (envelope) each sphere as it falls down. The piece of cloth would be approximately 2 times the scale of the sphere.

Tell me if this makes more sense.

Thank you!