Welcome to INSYDIUM ONLINE

The place to talk about X-Particles and Cycles 4D

onostuff

Material Preview not updating

My Material preview isn't updating as I build the node, nor is it showing the individual nodes when I click on each in the node editor. I've tried checking and unchecking the material preview in the basic tab in the node attributes, etc.. The preview just seems to stay locked on its initial setup. Any suggestions?

thanks

P

Capture.PNG

Hi There,

The Preview is designed to not update unless the RTP is off, the reason for that is it takes system resources to render the preview and slows workflow down. 

Hi Mike,

Thanks, but I'm not talking about the RTF window, (I know about turning it off and on, etc), but the little material preview in the material/node attributes window. (Note the red ball image above the Basic Properties input in the image). I thought clicking on the node's title area should show an image of what that node is doing. Also, you'll note that the red ball shown looks nothing like the node material. I've tried this with the RTF's update button both on and off.  Any thoughts?

Thanks

Patrick

Clicking any socket to view it (it will highlight as blue) and will ONLY show in the RT preview (not in the material editor preview or picture viewer).

Thanks Mohamed,

I've been clicking on the node title, not the "socket". 

Is there any way to force an update of the material  pict? (note that the orange ball preview looks nothing like the current combined nodes, so isn't really helpful in the materials panel).

Patrick

Having the same issue. Did anyone figure out how to solve it? this has nothing to do with RTP. Just simple updating the Material preview in Attributes window.

I figured it out. You have to close the RTP window not pause it, then afterwards you need to make any changes to the material and it will update.
Thanks

2 minutes ago, salvame said:

I figured it out. You have to close the RTP window not pause it, then afterwards you need to make any changes to the material and it will update.
Thanks

Thanks Salvame, I've just been ignoring it, but will give your method a try next time I'm in Cycles

Patrick