Welcome to INSYDIUM Online

The place to talk about X-Particles and Cycles 4D

mikekam

Camera Following a Particle

Hi there, I'm quite new to X Particles, but I've looked on the Help and the forums and I can't seem to see how to do this. I want a camera to follow a single particle , one shot, one particle, as it makes it's way through the world. That's it really. Ideally it would not follow it exactly so that the particle can move about without the camera tracking it, but I just want to be sure about the first bit before I look at the second. Thanks a lot

The only way to do this ATM is with a bit of Xpresso. See the attached file, where the camera moves with the particle. That gives you a particle's-eye view if you make that the active camera. If what you want is a stationary camera which simply rotates to follow a particle, you can also do this with Xpresso but it's a bit trickier because you need to get the particle's position then do some (fairly simple) vector math to point the camera towards it.

camera_follow_particle.c4d

Steve that's great. I'm not super up on Xpresso but I'm having a good delve now, so thanks for your response and your example, this is really helpful.