I need some spheres to burst and set contained liquid free that spills over a floor. On first collision with a collider object a defined number of spheres need to burst, an second collision a defined number of others. The way I set this up works but gives me less than satisfying performance (bought me a new 3950X but still...). Maybe you got better ideas of how to set up?
Here`s what I did
- made spheres with mograph -> converted to polys
- copied obj. So I get an poly obj "1rst collision" and "2nd collision"
- deleted polys accordingly in each obj (e.g. in "1rst collision" delete polys of spheres which should burst in 2nd coll).
- 2 XP Emitters each driven by poly obj, emitting in 2 Groups
- 2 Colliders each for one group ("first collision" and "2nd collision")
- animated those colliders identically and animated on/off to make it look like half of the spheres react to 1rst collision the other half to 2nd
- collision changing group to "after collision group" which will be affected/seen by gravity, fluid sim, sheeter, openvdb
Works fine. But with poor performance. A stripped down version is attached. Maybe someone might give me his/her opinion?